Chromebook – is it really breathtaking?
When the search engine giant Google announced that they are in the process of developing an operating system , most of us thought that it will much better than the Microsoft OS that most of us are using now , with some latest and advanced features.
But , it seems that Google has gone a step further in developing special computers that have hardware perfectly suited for the Chrome OS, these computers powered by Google Chrome OS will, from now on, be called as ‘chromebook’. What’s so special with this chromebook? You have to wait until June when Acer partnering with Google is going to sell its first ever Chromebook. Below are some points that will make your Jaws drop and eyes wide open!
- Almost all the tasks can be done under the chrome browser. The browser will house applications , plugins and regular software like MS Excel that most of us use. All the data will be stored in a cloud server and you can access the data from any chromebook , from any part of the world.
- The battery life of chromebook will be atleast 10 hours as it uses very less resources when compared to a regular laptop, the chromebook will also be light weight when compared to conventional laptops.
- You will no longer have to update your operating system while using the chromebook, everything is automated and chromebook makes sure that all the applications and plugins are up to date.
- Chromebook will have communication devices built in, which will allow you to access internet from mobile operators. Even if there is no wi-fi hot spot, there is internet from mobile operators that will keep your chromebook connected to the internet all the time.
- No need of antivirus or special computer maintanence software anymore.
- All the data that is passed on to the cloud server will be encrypted, you can be 100% sure that your data is safe while using a chromebook.
- You can not only access simple light weight applications but also complex applications with the help of chromebook. Eventhough the gamers aren’t sure about how an application can be run without much hardware acceleration, chromebook is determined to come up with a solution that will satisfy everyone.
- Logging in to the chrome OS in a chromebook is similar to logging in to your email. You can personalize all the settings and you can access the same from any chromebook you wish.
These points are just tip of the iceberg and more will emerge when the chromebook hits the US markets in early June this year. Chromebook may well be the pioneer to trigger a major shift in the way we humans use our personal computers to access and maintain our data.